Last update March 10, 2022 at 01:43 am
Tutorial to update kodi software on fire tv without using pc.
Kodi is one of the best things that can happen to you if you use Fire TV. The application is easy to install, free and allows watching content for free. However, you may need to regularly update Kodi if you are using it on your Fire TV.
Now, how can you update Kodi on your Fire TV? Also, how can you do it without using a computer? Keep reading to find out!
SusuNote 6.2 and JeNote 2.2 - Compatible for android 12
Kodi - 3 Steps to Update it on Fire TV Without Using Your Computer Click to tweet
Why do you need to update Kodi?
If you have an older version of Kodi, you might be wondering why you need to update it. Below are some reasons to do so:
- Kodi cannot update automatically. Therefore, you need to update it manually.
- The most recent updates offer bug fixes. So if your app crashes, you will need to update it.
- Finally, Kodi updates give you access to new features.
All in all, you need to update Kodi to its latest version if you want to access the latest features. The FirestickTricks blog shows how update to the latest version of Kodi on FireStick in simple language.
How to unzip a RAR file on ubuntu – The method can be used on other extensions
How to Update Kodi on Fire TV Without Using a Computer?
You may not want to turn on your computer while Kodi is updating. Well, the good news is that you don't have to! There are ways to update Kodi on Fire TV without using a computer. Let's see how you can do it.
Step 1: Check the software version
First, remember to check the software version of your Kodi. You don't need to update it if you have already installed the latest version.
Here is how you can check the software version of your Kodi on Fire TV:
- First, navigate to the Firestick homepage.
- Then go to Parameters and select Applications.
- In Applications, select Manage installed apps.
- Finally, you will get a list of apps. Scroll down to the Kodi app and check the version details.
If your Kodi is not updated to the latest version, follow the next steps.
Step 2: Find the downloader on Fire TV
Before updating Kodi, you need to find the app Downloader. Just go to the search option on your Fire TV. Then search for “Downloader“. You might have installed it while downloading Kodi on your Fire TV.
Step 3: Install the new version of Kodi on Fire TV
Remember that you cannot directly update the Kodi app from the app options. Instead, you will need to get the latest version of Kodi from the URL and reinstall it. Below is a simple way to do it:
- Open the application Downloader.
- Then paste the URL http://www.kodi.tv/download into the app.
- Then you must opt for the Android option as Fire TV runs on an Android based operating system.
- Then click Install and wait for the latest version of Kodi to be downloaded.
Once you have reinstalled Kodi, check the version and see if it is updated to the latest.
Why isn't Kodi updating or working on Fire TV? - troobleshooting
Are you trying to use Kodi on your Fire TV and still can't? Well, there can be a few reasons and fixes for this. Let's take a look at them.
- The application may have encountered crashes during the installation process. So, try uninstalling it and reinstalling it again using the Downloader app.
- Suppose you see a black screen while using Kodi, clear its cache on fire tv. Then try to reopen the app and see if it works.
- If the app crashes, starts and crashes again, try removing the Firestick. Then insert it again and check if Kodi is working.
Note that updating your Kodi to the latest version may reduce or fix these bugs. So, always keep its version updated.
Scraping the web - practice and techniques to get started
Kodi is one of the best media player software and entertainment hub for HTPC (Home Theater PC or Home Theater PC). Its interface is designed to be a living room media player using a remote control as the main control device.
Its graphical user interface allows the user to easily navigate and view videos, photos, podcasts, and music from a hard drive, optical drive, local area network and the Internet using just a few buttons.
File search 2.0 - file search app is compatible with android 11 - other new features
There is no doubt that Kodi has made it easy for streamers to watch whatever they want. So, if you want to get the most out of it, keep it updated to its latest version and enjoy free streaming!
You may be interested in: