Last updated June 24, 2023 at 01:24 AM
JMonkeyEngine is a game engine made for developers who want to create 3D games respecting the standards of modern technology. The framework is fully programmed in Java and intended for wide accessibility and rapid deployment on the desktop, the Web and mobile platforms.
WHO CAN USE JMONKEYENGINE?
- Free, open-source software (licensed under the New BSD) - You can use this free game engine for commercial, educational or hobby game development purposes.
- Minimal Adaptations for Cross Compatibility - Create games that run on any device supporting OpenGL 2 and 3 with the Java Virtual Machine - Web, Desktop, or Laptop.
- Built around a shader-based architecture - Compliant with current and next generation graphics standards.
- JMonkeyEngine Engine SDK - A complete development environment (IDE) with visual editors, built-in tools and unique plugins.
- Comprehensive and Modular - The developer stays in power while getting all of the game development essentials straight out of the box.