Today we will present the LMMS application which is the open source alternative to FL Studio.
Like any famous and paid application, there is an open source alternative. The FL Studio app. is no exception to the rule.
LMMS stands for Linux Multi Media Studio. It is an alternative Open Source audio composition environment to the famous FL Studio.
It allows you to compose your music using your computer and is above all multi-platform.
In the rest of our section, we will see its different features and what can be achieved with this software.
LMMS – Discovering fl studio's open source alternative
In this section we will discover all the features of LMMS that make this open source software an important alternative for those who do not want to pay Fl studio.
Here are the main features of Linux Multi Media Studio.
The main features of LMMS
The application has many features including the ability to:
- Compose music on Windows, Linux, and macOS
- Sequence, compose, mix, and automate songs with a single, simple interface
- Reading of notes via a MIDI or alphanumeric keyboard
- Consolidate Instrument Tracks Using the Rhythm and Bassline Editor
- Precisely tune patterns, notes, chords, and melodies using the piano-roll editor
- Complete user-defined automation for each track and computer-controlled automation sources
- Import of MIDI files and Hydrogen project files
You can see the official video to get an idea.
The main instruments of LMMS
- 64-bit VST instrument support with 32-bit VST bridge included (Windows 64-bit)
- 16 onboard synthesizers, including emulations of the Roland ® TB-303, microchip
- Commodore 64 ® SID, Nintendo ® NES and GameBoy, Yamaha ® OPL2 chip and others
- Embedded ZynAddSubFx: polyphonic, multitimbral, microtonal, multi-voice, additive, subtractive and pad synthesis, all in one in a powerful plugin
- Native multisample support for SoundFont ® (SF2), Giga (GIG) and Gravis UltraSound ® (GUS) formats for high quality patches and instrument banks.
- Direct support for LADSPA plugins
- Direct support for VST ® effects plugins (Linux and Windows)
- On-board compressor, limiter, delay, reverb, distortion and bass enhancer
- Parametric equalizers and on-board graphics
- On-board spectrum viewer and analyzer
Download LMMS from its official website: lmms.io