Discover the magnificent photos that show what Disney princesses would look like if they were black.
It would be hard to find a little girl who never wanted to be a Disney princess. Or any pretty princess for that matter.
Unfortunately, our media is not very inclusive and the majority of famous characters in children's movies and books fit a very rigid mold that not all children can relate to.
But as our society becomes increasingly progressive, so too do media and art.
LaChanda Gatson hairdresser decided to redefine the image of a traditional princess in a stunning photo series showcasing stylish, colorful and courageous African American princesses.
Régis and Kahran, the duo behind CreativeSoul Photography, produced a series of 14 photographs featuring princesses with "[their] own touch of style, culture, and loot."
Bored Panda reached out to the photography duo and they provided a brief explanation behind the photo ideas.
«The Disney Character Series was created by hairstylist LaChanda Gatson and the children photographed by CreativeSoul Photography», They explained, specifying how this project was a collaboration between creative minds.
“The aim is to inspire more girls around the world to start thinking of themselves as royal princesses,” the photographers explained.
More information: creativesoulphoto.com
9 gorgeous photos that show what the Disneys princesses would look like if they were black
You should know that I took the liberty of selecting only 9 photos out of the 14 taken by the artists.
In this section I put the disney images of the characters with the photograph that corresponds to them.
For what ? because before this article I knew very few princess and their names didn't really help me. As I don't write for myself, I put the images on top of each other to help you make the comparison.
Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
- The Little-Known Danger of the Rotten Potato - It gives off a deadly gas that kills in minutes!
- The 11 benefits of lemon juice
- Disney: 9 gorgeous photos that show what the Disneys princesses would look like if they were black
- The 12 benefits of black tamarind
- 11 differences between a girl and a woman
- 11 differences between a man and a boy
- 15 online sales sites in Togo to discover for shopping
- How to make a plucker? This machine takes 15 seconds to finish the job – Video
- 10+ gift ideas for tech lovers
- How to change a projector lamp
- Need a duty pharmacy in Lomé today? Check out our updated list!
- Child and baby clothing stamp - The customizable textile stamp to mark first names on clothing
- The Little-Known Danger of Rotten Potatoes - They give off a deadly gas that kills in minutes!
- Jungle wallpaper – 6 reasons to adopt this panoramic wallpaper
- 7 activities that help develop your brain while having fun.
- The 19 benefits of tamarind: a fruit with multiple virtues